Seattle, United States
Don Vollmer has been involved in global business services, including resident banking assignments in Frankfurt, London and Paris. Don was president of the Paris-based merchant bank, Banque Ameribas, owned 60% by Bank of America. He was a project analyst with the World Bank in Washington, D.C.
In Seattle, Vollmer has been engaged in various corporate finance activities, including raising funds and merger and acquisition work for Pacific Northwest companies. Don had strategic planning consulting assignments with several Pacific Northwest banks. He was retained for investor relations/financial markets consulting by two Fortune 500 companies and several leading bank holding companies. He partnered with Louis Harris and Associates developing 15 wholesale banking surveys for over 50 leading U.S. and foreign banks. He was Senior Advisor for over 11 years to a major Japanese financial institution.
Don formed Pacific Northwest Advisors as a global business service of BancResearch, Inc. a company he established in Seattle in 1979. Pacific Northwest Advisors is now a Limited Liability Company (LLC) and Don is a past President and Chairman of Pacific Northwest Advisors, LLC. Don and his wife, Charlene are residents of Port Townsend, Washington.
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Articles published in Euromoney, The American Banker, and The Banker (Great Britain)
- Past Member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, Washington State China Relations Council.
- Past member Rotary Clubs of Seattle and Mercer Island.
- Past member of the Board of Directors, Japan-America Society of Washington State.
- Past Volunteer, The Museum of Flight, Seattle.
Don has a B.A. degree from Colby College and a M.B.A. from New York University. He is an Advanced Management Program graduate of the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration.